World Championship in Thailand continues. Today the platform in Pattaya will come just three Belarusian athlete.
AT 13:55 will start the competition in Group A weight category up to 81 kg of women. Belarus will present the silver medalist Olympics Daria Naumova. Recall, a year ago at the World Cup in Ashgabat our athlete became the second.
And in 16:25 will begin competition in the weight category 102 kg in men. One of the favorites for a medal – European champion Eugene Tihontsov. A year ago, in Ashgabat, he stopped one step short of the podium. Before leaving for Thailand I spoke with Eugene Weightlifting Belarus.
– Zhenya, before European championship in Georgia, you were “dark horse”. But, Nevertheless, won. And very confident. And now you're one of the favorites. More difficult?
– I do not know. I think, there will not be any easier, no harder. I do not pay attention. Just getting ready to continue.
– In a physical approach to a tournament? Ready to surpass its results?
– I do not want to think in advance. I will try. I will do my best, to pick their best kilograms. The physical form I have a good.
Also speaking today Andrew Eaglet. He makes his debut in the adult world championship. Nevertheless, Andrew hopes for a decent performance. He told this Weightlifting Belarus.
– Andrew, pleased, it was possible to join the main squad and represent Belarus at the World Cup?
– Yes, I am very happy about it. There is little excitement. After all, this is a very important start. But I will try to do everything possible, not to let the team.
– After the Junior World Championship in Fiji increased strength?
– Yes. I have more confidence in yourself and your abilities. I think, that everything will be fine.